Saturday, March 17, 2012

No Added Sugar

Today I am beginning a little experiment.  I'm not sure how it will go or even why I'm really doing it, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.  Deep breath and here goes: I am going to try to cut out all (or as much as I can) sugar for one week.  Phew. I think that still scares me a little...



I would be more scared, but since John and I started doing the 1 Million Kilo Challenge I've cut back to 1 teaspoon of sugar in my coffee (oh, how I love our espresso machine... But that's a story for another day) and half sugars in tea and Ecco (it's a weird drink, I know, but I like it).  I think the hardest thing will be resisting Bible study morning teas and collecting a sweetie treatie from our weekly Baker's Delight leftover's collection.  I'm not sure if I will get withdrawals, but I've recently been reassured from another friend that whenever she goes off sugar for a while she feels "heaps better".  Plus it surely it can only help with weight loss. We shall see how it goes.

I'm glad that Easter isn't in the next week.  Now I just wish I hadn't had a pre-experiment top-up to make up for all the sugar I won't be eating...

Photo from Flickr by Sidereal.

3 comments:

  1. Hope it goes well - apparently you might feel awful to start with but then it gets a lot better. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm sure you'll kick butt xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the third person to talk about this the last few days!

    I've started but already failed day one; travelling is tough. But tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it. I'll be doing this too, we'll feel the pain together (though sadly so far apart).

    ReplyDelete