Friday, January 13, 2012

In the Quiet Moments


I have been feeling quite overwhelmed lately with just how much I love my children. They are currently 2 and 5 months. Now that the first few harder months have passed with my son and we're getting some more sleep overnight, I feel like life is settling into a routine and we're feeling a lot more "normal". We've developed a routine lately of having a little snuggle just before he goes down to sleep for the night. I lay him on my bed to get him zipped into his swaddle and then lay down next to him to give him some kisses and tickles. I can't explain just how much joy seeing him also enjoy my closeness brings me. It's just a little quiet moment, but so very precious.

I get a similar feeling with my daughter when I get her up from her naps and she just gives me a big relaxed, full body, head-on-my-shoulder hug - it's bliss. Or else when we're in a new place and she comes and wraps herself around my leg because she's feeling a bit wary, the knowledge that I am her place of safety and that feeling of closeness is so very special.

I love those small quiet moments.

2 comments:

  1. What a blessing to have children! I love that just like your children know you are a place of safety, we know that God is our place of safety.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been very clucky and mushy over kids these days, starting to think I'm ready to be a Mum. And your blog is going to make me want them like RIGHT NOW! hahaha oh dear.

    ReplyDelete